Area of Expertise:
- Corporate Commercial
- Company Law
- Civil Litigation
- ICT Contracts
His Recent Work
- Advicing Kellogg on itsimolimentation of the Protection of Personal Information Act
- Advising MultChoice on a potential acquisition, including conducting the due diligence investigation
Martin Mota is the founding director of Mota Africa. He has more than 12 years of commercial law experience.
Previously, Martin had been a partner in the commercial department of one of South Africa’s largest law firms where he gained experience in a wide range of commercial law related specialist fields
Martin Mota’s impactful transactions
- Advised Multichoice in the acquisition by MTN of the ﬁbre business of Multichoice for ZAR 220 Million.
- Acting for MultiChoice in acquisitions of interests in various entities on the African continent.
- Advised Cricket South Africa in its implementation of the Mzansi Super League, the premier twenty(20) cricket tournament in Africa.
- Acted for Atlatsa Resources (JSE listed mining Company) in its acquisition of numerous interests in a number of South African mining companies for an aggregate consideration of ZAR 3.6 Billion
- Acted for Atlatsa in the reﬁnancing of the Anooraq transaction referred to above.
- Acted for Motorola in its sale of business by Motorola Inc of its networks business to Nokia Siemens Networks, a global transaction worth approximately USD 1.2 billion.
- Acted for Oracle in its acquisition of a local subsidiary of Sun Microsystems Inc, a global transaction worth approximately USD 7.4 billion.
Your partner in law, Tax and Intellectual Property.